Friday, January 22, 2010

Hubby is a Runner!

My husband did the first day of Week 1 of Couch to 5k today, I'm so proud of him.  He's had trouble with his knees bugging him in the past, and has always avoided running.  But I told him that it would really mean a lot to me if he would do C25K so that we could just do one race together.  Then my friends announced that they were planning a 5k/10k Fun Run to help us raise money for the trip, and I got a bunch of people on Facebook to talk Daniel into trying it out. 

He did very well today!  Through the first interval he did mention that his knees were hurting, but we talked about some modifications he could make to his form and he said they weren't bugging him at all once he started rolling through his foot, rather than stomping.  When it was all said and done, he said he even thought it was "easy."  Which made me laugh, because when I was doing that first run, I wanted to fall over and die.

For my part, I did our two miles in just about 32 minutes.  I spent my one-minute "speed" intervals at 6mph, and felt really strong.  So next time we work out together I'm going to bump it up gradually to see how it feels.  I've really felt lost in my "speed training" workouts, but I think that using the C25K intervals will be a good way for me to pass the miles and stay entertained. 

Less than 6 weeks until the big race!

No comments:

Post a Comment