Thursday, April 1, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 1

I got an email late last week from someone with the Portland Marathon Clinic, with a link to the Beginner's "pre-training" schedule.  Our training program officially starts with our first group run on the 11th.  In the meantime they recommend that we follow this schedule;


M: 2 miles
T: 4 Miles
W: 2 Miles
Th: 4 miles
Weekend: 6 mile long run

Sounds pretty doable to me!  I've been posting all my details so far this week on dailymile, so I won't rehash them here, but I've put in 9 miles already this week and have 4 planned for tomorrow's workout (+ some pilates) and then my own lonely long run on Saturday.

I also happen to have a spa morning planned for Saturday, thanks to Daniel's parents.  Their birthday present to me back in December was a gift certificate for a facial, foot bath and massage at this place downtown. I saved it for after my half marathon as a way to celebrate that accomplishment.  I'm BEYOND excited.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment