Friday, August 21, 2009

Paid someone to kick my butt this week!

That's the most interesting title I could think of for this post. :)

Daniel and I bought a small personal training package through the gym we started going to in April this year, and the last couple months we haven't used our appointments. We each get one appointment a month, so I was able to schedule three PT appointments this week - wee!

It's been a huge blessing to have those once monthly workout sessions where the trainer can show me a couple new exercises, correct any trouble I'm having with form, and help me plan my workouts until the next time I see them. And, knowing that I have one month until I see them again is a huge motivator to stay on top of my workouts! This last month I stopped doing my weight training, mostly out of laziness and feeling overwhelmed that I wasn't doing it "right." Yeah, I'm one of those weird perfectionist types who'd rather NOT to something than do it wrong. Helpful if you're thinking of trying to cut your own hair... not helpful if you're trying to lose weight.

After three sessions with Daina at LA Fitness, I'm fully equipped with a 3x a week weight routine to shape my rear (and arms and back and legs) into gear. After our lower body workout on Tuesday I laughed and told her that I should have been more consistent about working out my legs so that I wouldn't be so tired when meeting her. She asked how long it'd been since I did leg work and I counted.... "uh, two weeks?" She laughed at me and made me promise not to punch her tomorrow morning when I couldn't walk. :)

As big of a financial investment as it is, I'm thankful to have someone experienced there to show me what to do. There are times when you don't need anyone to tell you what to do with your body (like when you're having a baby), and there are definitely times when a knowledgeable expert can save you lots of wasted time... like in losing weight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment