Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Fun Comparison

I thought it would be great fun to share some pictures of me from the past year, just to celebrate how healthy I'm getting. :)

This first one is a picture of me from August 30th, 2008. Daniel and Ethan and I had just ventured out for our first hike at the Glendoveer Fitness Trail. We made it one entire lap, walking and pushing the stroller, and I was absolutely exhausted. I believe by this point I was weighing in at about 220.

August 30, 2008 - 220 pounds



This second picture is from my first 5k race - the Oregon Road Runner's Club 4th of July race. This picture was taken after I'd had a chance to cool down after running the longest and fastest I'd ever run - IN MY LIFE - at that point. 3.1 miles in 38:09. I believe I weighed about 198 at that point.

July 4th, 2009 - 198 pounds (I'm on the left)


This last picture is my most recent one, taken just moments after I crossed the finish line at my first 10k. I finished in less than an hour and a half - which is crazy to me! When this picture was taken I weighed 186.

October 11, 2009 - 186 pounds

This will be a fun post to revisit in a few months after I've finished my first half-marathon. I'm really proud of my body. The Lord created it with some rather amazing abilities that I've never fully appreciated until I had a baby and started running. This body has grown an entire person from a couple teeny cells into a whopping 10lb 12oz newborn, then nourished (and is still nourishing) that little baby into a health 27ish pound (and 32" tall) toddler, and is able to carry me 6 miles all at one time... so far! I can't wait to see what else it can do as I take the steps I need to care for it the way the Lord designed.

In the words of the Psalmist;

I praise You (GOD!) because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

May He continue to receive glory and honor from this little body He's given me!

2 comments:

  1. You look so great. I hope to get the same weight loss results from running too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. Keep up the good work! I LOVE seeing people's weight-loss progression pictures. That's one of the most motivating things for me when I am trying to lose weight. I just found out I am pregnant, so I'm technically supposed to be gaining weight instead of losing, but I'm getting back into the habit of doing these walking videos (Leslie Sansone is the instructor), and it wouldn't break my heart to lose a few pounds before I really start gaining! I gained 65 pounds each time with my previous pregnancies, and I was SO uncomfortable all the time! I really want to avoid gaining so much this time!

    ReplyDelete