Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weigh In Success!

I had another weigh-in this morning and am thrilled with the progress I'm making!

I weighed in at 180.5 lbs - down 5.5 lbs from my last weigh-in (186).
My body fat % was 32.4 - down 1.3% from the last weigh-in (33.7%).

I've lost another four inches over all, which is always exciting.
Some of those inches were from my waist, which is now 32" - which officially puts me 3" below the "increased risk" category. A waist circumference of 35" or higher is linked to increased risk for heart disease.

I'm not sure if I've shared what my goals are yet, so I figured this was as good a time as any!

I have several different goals I'm aiming for, but the primary goal is for my body fat percentage to be at "Fitness" level according to the American Counsel of Exercise's definitions. That means somewhere between 21-24% body fat. The exact weight I would be at (in such a scenario) is a little unclear to me at this point - as I've lost weight and my body composition has changed the little body-fat machine has been telling me that I'm supposedly losing lean body mass. The trainer I talked to at the gym told me this is highly unlikely because I'm lifting weights and eating healthy, but that it is more likely that the machine is "accidently" reading some of the fat surrounding my organs (the worst kind) as lean mass. Sneaky little fat pockets!

So, to reiterate - my ultimate goal is to acheive and maintain a body fat percentage between 21-24%. We'll see how that shapes up as I get closer to that, and I plan on celebrating several milestones along the way to that goal.

Like 1.4% more weight loss for my body fat percentage to be in "acceptable" range and out of overweight range.

Like .1 point drop in my BMI, which will take me out of the "obese" category and put me in just the "overweight" category. Which takes me out of the "high risk" category for weight when I have another baby. Good news!


So - stay tuned and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment