Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Fitness Update

Well, here we are right in the middle of the holiday season. A season which has the reputation of being the time of year when we get to loosen our belts and cram loads of food into our maw. "Cramming my maw" - by the way - is my new favorite phrase... I think I heard my pastor say it once... it always makes me laugh.

From the Oxford Dictionary;

maw / / • n. the jaws or throat of a voracious animal: a gigantic wolfhound with a fearful, gaping maw. inf. the mouth or gullet of a greedy person: I was cramming large pieces of toast and cheese down my maw.

Anyways... Thanksgiving has come and gone. Two months of muffin baking (and extra's eating) have come and gone. I'm sad to report that since my last weigh-in I've gained 5.5 lbs. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

My body fat percentage is down .3% - thanks, I'm sure, to the fact that I'm still faithfully exercising. So far in my weight loss and training journey I've been able to melt off the pounds without changing my eating habits. I do believe I've hit a "tipping point" however - where changing my diet is going to be necessary.

Keeping a food journal has been a helpful tool for me in the past. Even when I'm not being overly careful about exactly what I'm eating, something about keeping a food journal acts as a sort of conscience. For that reason, I've signed up with SparkPeople, a free nutrition and fitness tracking resource. It also has some meal planning and grocery-list-making tools, which will be a huge blessing. :)

Well - there ya' go. That's my update. Hopefully by January 1st I will have a more encouraging update!

No comments:

Post a Comment